Rebreather course in Sodwana Bay
21-28 April 2018
R15 490 per diver
Sign up for sunny Sodwana and enjoy 5 blissful days of full immersion on the best reef south of the Red Sea. Sodwana is rated by international divers as one of the top 10 dive destinations in the world. Situated in a protected reserve ensures the diver encounters with large fish populations and pristine corals.
- 7 nights’ twin sharing accommodation at Reefteach
- Breakfast daily
- Rebreather course: class, pool and sea sessions
- All boat dives
- Cylinder rentals, nitrox and oxygen fills
- Return travel DBN airport / Sodwana Bay (+/-4hrs)
- Return flights CPT/DBN (+/- R2000 on low cost airline at time this trip was released)
- Lunch/dinner for own account
- Daily park & Entry fees
- Tips (dive guides and staff)
How to Book:
Confirmation of your return CT/DBN flights serve as trip deposit PLUS purchase of rebreather course materials for home-study purposes prior departure
(Book ASAP to avoid escalated fees and sold-out flights) Full payment is due 30 days prior departure.
Please note the following:
- The tour package will be quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles if availability allows
- For accommodation upgrades please request a quotation
- The price quoted is based on a group tour and there will be additional charges for any breakaways or extensions to this itinerary (if possible). The above prices are based on EFT payments (no cash or credit cards are accepted).
General information and extras:
- Sodwana Bay is rated by international divers as one of the top 10 dive destinations in the world!
It forms part of the Isimangaliso Wetland Park which is a world heritage site and has been a protected reserve since 1950.
- Maximum summer water temperature is 28°C and an average winter temp of 22°C.
- ¼ Mile Reef is one of the preferred aggregation sites of the pregnant ragged-tooth shark from November to March.
- The reefs run parallel to the coastline approximately 500m offshore.
- It is possible to purchase additional dives over and above the 6 purchased with this package.
- Accommodation is en-suit twin sharing rooms in the Reefteach house outside the park in the small town of Sodwana Bay.
- Facilities include a swimming pool and safe storage of dive gear as well as a full kitchen for self-catering if this is your preference but breakfasts are BIG and dinners can be taken at any number of local restaurants within walking distance.
- Sodwana Bay is a summer rainfall area with hot, humid summers and mild winters.
- There is a small convenience shop located inside the park and a sizable SPAR grocery store in Mbazwana should divers wish to prepare their own dinner in the fully-equipped on-site kitchen
- The nearest bank is Capitec Bank in Mbazwana.