Red Sea Liveaboard Safari
16 – 25 March 2018
The ancient Egyptians regularly sailed the waters of the Red Sea to get to the mysterious ‘Land of Punt’. Alpha Divers will be sailing this same sea in but for mystery of a different kind… the blue depths.
Our diving itinerary combines the most famous wrecks in the northern Red Sea with stunning wall and hard coral garden reef diving. We will dive the famous four wrecks of Abu Nuhas, the Ships’ Graveyard. The very famous SS Thistlegorm and the recently discovered Rosalie Moeller, both World War II wrecks, are the highlights of this cruise.
Our liveaboard safari, aboard the M/Y Contessa Mia, will also take you to Ras Mohamed National Park at the tip of Sinai, famous for its breath-taking walls rich in soft and fan corals and populated with huge shoals of fish.
Your home for 7 days will be the gracious, superior & most beautiful vessel in the Sea Serpent Fleet. Come and experience this 5-star luxury and be guaranteed an unforgettable experience.
Tour price includes:
- All scheduled transfers
- 7 Nights’ accommodation aboard M/Y Contessa Mia
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner aboard
- All tea, coffee, bottled water, snacks & soft drinks aboard
- 6 days diving
- Hire of 12L Aluminium Tanks & Weights
- Free Nitrox 32% for suitably qualified divers
- Fuel surcharge & Marine Park Fee (10 USD)
- Full day use room on the last day (Optional extra Pyramids & Sphinx tour)
Tour price excludes:
- Current airline taxes of R3474.00
- Add on return flights to Johannesburg if required
- Hire of dive equipment other than tanks and weights
- Crew gratuities (€50 – divided amongst crew)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Group Travel Insurance R450 pp
Friday 16 March
Depart Johannesburg on your overnight flight to Cairo
Saturday 17 March
Land at Cairo Airport. Await in transit for mid-morning connecting flight to Hurghada, meet & greet and transfer to your safari boat – the MY Contessa Mia. Deliver luggage with rest of day at leisure under own arrangements, awaiting your boarding time.
Saturday 17 – 24 March
7 nights on board the MY Contessa Mia
Saturday 24 March
After an early breakfast, disembark safari boat and transfer to Hurghada Airport for return flight to Cairo. Meet & greet, collect luggage and transfer to your day-room hotel next to the airport (Novotel or similar 10h00-20h00), day at leisure.
Evening transfer back to Cairo airport for return overnight flight to Johannesburg
How to book:
- A R5000 non-refundable deposit per person is required to secure your booking soonest
- Balance of tour price is due 70 days prior departure – NEDBANK • Acc no 1060 129 566 • Branch 114145
Please note the following:
- Prices are subject to change in the event of price increases, airfares, exchange rate fluctuations & availability.
- The exact price can only be confirmed at the time of final invoicing and final payment due date.
- The tour package has been quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles.
- The price quoted is based on a group tour and there will be additional charges for any breakaways or extensions to this itinerary (if possible). The above prices are based on EFT payments (no credit cards are accepted).
- MY Contessa Mia accommodates 22 guests in 11 beautifully designed cabins all equipped with twin beds, AC & en-suite facilities. The cabins are cleaned twice a day & bedding and towels are provided.
- All meals are professionally prepared in an industrially equipped galley and served open buffet style in the very comfortable dining saloon.
- The half-shaded sundeck is an ideal place to relax and enjoy the cool evenings while the top deck offers a perfect tanning spot for sun lovers – March is the PERFECT time of year for this!
- Your own alcoholic drinks can be taken on board and there will be very well-priced local beer available onboard
- Charging facilities are available for lights and cameras. All batteries and necessary spares should be taken along.
- Each diver must present a valid diving license and logbook to the dive guides upon boarding.
- It is recommended that divers have at least their advanced certification to ensure that they have had experience on deep dives. It is also important that they have dived within the last 6 months. There are numerous wall dives and good buoyancy skills are essential.
- Nitrox is available on the Liveaboard and is included in the tour price. Please ensure your nitrox certification is required before departure on this trip.
- 12L cylinders (Din/Int) and weights are provided for divers. Any other diving equipment required is to be requested and paid for prior to arrival on the boat to streamline arrangements.
- For safety and dive injury treatments dive computers are compulsory, and each diver must have his / her own computer and SMB (Submersible Marker Buoy)
- Dive insurance is mandatory and must cover the planned diving for the trip booked.
- The Egyptian Government recommends a maximum depth of 30m.
- All itineraries are dependent on weather and sea conditions.
- Marine Park Rules in Egypt are no gloves, touching, collecting, littering & fishing.
- The Liveaboard is equipped with oxygen and all the necessary safety equipment.
- Hurghada has a recompression chamber in the unlikely event of a diving incident.