Mozambique Dive Trip
Ponta Do Oura
Situated at the southern tip of Mozambique, and just 5 km from the South African border, Ponta Do Oura is Mozambique’s most southerly town and translated into English means “Point of Gold”.
There are many different stories as to the origin of the name, from a sunken ship carrying gold bars to a beautiful golden sunrise. The historical truth might never be known, but the modern day value of what is one of the most beautiful and unspoiled bays in the world, can certainly lay claim to golden treasures.
- 4 nights’ accommodation at Waves Lodge
- Breakfast daily
- 3 dinners
- Return border transfer
- 6 scuba dives
- Cylinder and weights rental
- Return flights Cape Town – Durban (+/- R1600 for Mango flights JE322 & JE361)
- Return car hire airport/border post. 3 divers per vehicle. (+/- R1200 p.p)
- Hire of dive equipment other than tank and weights
- Nitrox fills @ R120 each (preordered)
- R100 dive tax to be paid in cash upon arrival
- Visa Processing costs (SA passport holders do not require visas)
- Service fees / tips
- Excursions and break-aways from the itinerary (e.g. quad bikes, booze cruises etc)
How to book:
Your confirmed and paid up flight booking serves as confirmation and deposit. (Please send as a copy so that we can reserve your accommodation and vehicle)
Full payment is due 60 days prior departure.
Please note the following:
- Prices are subject to change in the event of price increases, airfares, exchange rate fluctuations & availability.
- The exact price can only be confirmed at the time of final invoicing and final payment due date.
- The tour package has been quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles.
- The price quoted is based on a group tour and there will be additional charges for any breakaways or extensions to this itinerary (if possible).The above prices are based on EFT payments (no credit cards are accepted).
General information and extras:
- Languages spoken are English, Afrikaans and Portuguese.
- The dive centre is situated walking distance from the launching area on the beach.
- It is possible to purchase additional dives over and above the 6 purchased with this package. Please request a quotation.
- Each diver is required to have their own personal dive computer and Surface marker buoy)
- Night dives can be done for an additional cost and for a minimum number. Please inquire upon arrival.
- Diving is done from a rubber duck via a surf launch. Very exciting!
- There are plenty of establishments offering a cold beer after a day’s diving.
- The house sleeps 20 guests and is 50 m from the beach and dive centre. There is a beautiful cool veranda overlooking the bay with an outside braai area and big Kitchen.
- Dinners will include at least one seafood braai and a trip to the market to enjoy real Portuguese chicken
- There are many restaurants located within walking distance where you can enjoy nice Mozambique food.
- As an extra excursion we can organize a quad bike tour to Malongane with a stop off at 3 or 4 pubs en-route at a charge of R580 per person
- We can arrange to visit a local bakery where you can taste the local bush bread called “PAO”