Moz 25 – 31 May 2019
Situated at the southern tip of Mozambique, and just 5 km from the South African border, Ponta Do Oura is Mozambique’s most southerly town and translated into English means “Point of Gold”.
There are many different stories as to the origin of the name, from a sunken ship carrying gold bars to a beautiful golden sunrise. The historical truth might never be known, but the modern day value of what is one of the most beautiful and unspoiled bays in the world, can certainly lay claim to golden treasures.
- Return car hire from King Shaka airport – Kosi Bay border
- 6 nights’ accommodation at Wave Lodge
- Breakfast daily
- 3 dinner excursions
- Border pickup and drop off
- 6 boat dives including dive tax
- Cylinder and weights rental
- Return flights from Cape Town – Durban
- Nitrox fills
- Service fees / tips
- Excursions and breakaways from the itinerary (e.g. quad bikes, booze cruises etc)
- 3 dinners
How to book:
Your confirmed and paid up flight booking serves as confirmation and deposit for your trip, contact Ettienne for the correct flight details. (Please send us a copy so that we can reserve your accommodation and vehicle).
- Languages spoken are English, Afrikaans and Portuguese.
- The dive centre is situated walking distance from the launching area on the beach.
- It is possible to purchase additional dives over and above the 6 purchased with this package.
- Each diver is required to have their own personal dive computer and Surface marker buoy.
- Night dives can be done for an additional cost and for a minimum number. Please inquire upon arrival.
- There are several establishments offering a cold beer or cocktail after a day’s diving.
- Wave Lodge offers several flatlets that sleeps 3 – 4 people. A stunning pool area, bar and restaurant forms the centre of the accommodation.
- Dinners will include at least one seafood braai and a trip to the market to enjoy real Portuguese chicken.
- Restaurants are located within walking distance where you can enjoy local Mozambique cuisine.
- Extra excursions can include a sunset cruise to Ponta Malongane, quad biking or even a fishing trip. Ponta Do Oura is known for their dolphin encounters and this can all be booked at the lodge.
- Taste your first R & R.