Rescue Diver, Basic First Aid and D.A.N course package
These courses trains divers in the knowledge and skills needed to manage risks and effectively handle limited in-water problems and diving emergencies. You will learn to recognise and manage stress in other divers, rescue panicked divers, rescue unresponsive divers both on the surface and at depth, basic first aid and life support.
Academic time: approximately 12 hours total spent in the classroom over 2 evenings
Practical time: 10 hours for practical’s across all 3 courses
- Minimum age of 12 years for the PADI Rescue Diver course or 15 years for the SSI Diver Stress & Rescue course
- Advanced Diver qualification or the equivalent thereof
- Completion of all required paperwork
- You will be required to provide your own basic snorkelling gear
Aim of the Rescue Diver Course:
- Divers will gain increased comfort and confidence by understanding how to recognize and prevent stress
- Understand when to apply the “go-no-go” rule when dealing with a diver in distress.
- Learn the steps required to help others in stressful situations.
- Be able to decrease the physical and psychological causes of stress as they relate to diving.
At Alpha Dive Centre, we provide a comprehensive rescue qualification and thus include the DAN DIVING EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PROVIDER course along with the Rescue diver specialty course and First aid & Basic Life Support courses.
A dive emergency is rarely a single event. More often than not, separate small problems compound a larger emergency. Divers interested in understanding first aid care for dive emergencies can take the Diving Emergency Management Provider (DEMP) course. This programme integrates the knowledge and skills from several DAN training programs into a single course – with significant time savings but without sacrificing any quality training.
The DEMP course includes the knowledge and skill development from each of the following DAN courses:
- Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries
- First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries
- Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) for Scuba Diving
- Advanced Oxygen First Aid for Scuba Diving Injuries
After completing the skill and knowledge development portions of this program, the students then bring everything together in a composite scenario.
- Approximately 3hrs of confined water work covered in 1-2 sessions
- At least one, but up to three, open water exercises
Qualifications of graduates:
Graduates are considered competent to perform, assist and rescue in open water and maintain basic life support until advanced care (EMS) arrives on the scene.
Rescue package deal:
Your Rescue Package includes the PADI or SSI Rescue Diver qualification, Basic First Aid & CPR and the DAN Dive Emergency Management Provider courses.